Eyes

Eyes

Sunday 14 March 2010

Let bygones be bygones?

I herewith go public with my experiences, that range from novel to bizarre to downright absurd, as a native English speaking Indian in Germany (one must note, that in Germany this combination is akin to a fish on a bicycle – just WRONG!) and more.

Ten years down the line, having finally got my act together, how far in back in time am I allowed to go to narrate? Given the entertainment potential, conventional rules may be relaxed.

While I cheer and revere and grunt and groan about the German culture, I can’t help but note subtle ways in which I have unwittingly adapted to be more German than I would care to admit. Which is why my sentences are now so loooooong and winding, why I take forever to get to the point!

No comments:

Post a Comment